Thanks very much to Jane at Survive, Live, Thrive for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
In German, the word “Liebster” means kindest, beloved, valued and welcome. And this award is to celebrate great blogs with less than 200 followers that are worthy of a bigger following.
Random Facts About Me
1. I really hate the texture of coconut.
2. I have one year left until I submit my PhD thesis.
3. My favorite thing in the world is Harry Potter.
4. I lived in NYC for 5 and a half years until I moved to the UK for postgraduate school.
5. I’m not afraid of spiders.
6. When I’m on break, vacation, holiday, I normally read a book a day.
7. I’ve written six books. Every single one is YA.
8. I took up running 7 months ago, and it’s the best feeling in the world.
9. I squeeze my toothpaste tube from the top.
10. I’m a walking zombie until I have coffee in the morning.
11. My most prized possession is my passport.
My answer’s to Jane’s questions
1. Who is your favorite character in a book or a movie? Yikes. This one is hard, but I have to go with Hermione Granger.
2. Why did you launch your blog? I launched my blog to keep track of my writing journey and to connect with the online writing community. Writing is such a solitary pursuit that it’s great to have that connection with others who are doing the same thing you’re doing.
3. If you could wave a magic wand and change something about your life, what would it be? I would be a published author.
4. If you could change one decision in the past, what would it be and why? This may sound like a cop-out answer, but I wouldn’t change anything. I’ve made mistakes, but all those mistakes have taught me something important. Plus, every decision I’ve made has brought me to where I am now, in the UK studying for my PhD.
5. Who do you admire and respect the most in the world? My late grandmother. Feisty, headstrong, intelligent, hard working, and she wasn’t afraid to speak her mind. She lived well into her 90s and kept tutoring students almost the entire time.
6. What is your biggest dream? Same thing the wand would magic into existence. My biggest dream is to be a published author.
7. If you were stuck on an island and could only bring three things with you–what would they be? I would bring a Kindle with a library of books on it, a solar charger in order to charge said Kindle when the battery died, and a massive tank full of water.
8. What is your ideal vacation? My ideal vacation at the moment is somewhere nice and warm in some sort of picturesque European town where I can wander the streets and take in the beauty without the hustle and bustle of having to do anything at all but explore. And read a bunch of books.
9. What do you want to be when you “grow up”? I’m going to sound like a broken record soon. I want to be a professor of library studies and a published author of fiction.
10. What advice would you give your teenage self? Stop worrying about boys so much! Focus on your writing. You’ll thank me for it later, promise.
11. You’ve just been arrested for protesting, what was it for? Protesting against the death penalty.
My Nominees for the Liebster Aware are…
I realize I’m supposed to nominate 11, but this is all I have for now!
Questions for the nominees
1. Who is your favorite character in a book or a movie?
2. Why did you launch your blog?
3. If you could wave a magic wand and change something about your life, what would it be?
4. If you could change one decision in the past, what would it be and why?
5. Who do you admire and respect the most in the world?
6. What is your biggest dream?
7. If you were stuck on an island and could only bring three things with you–what would they be?
8. What is your ideal vacation?
9. What do you want to be when you “grow up”?
10. What advice would you give your teenage self?
11. You’ve just been arrested for protesting, what was it for?